Mrs Solly (Data Manager and PE Co-ordinator)
Mr Danton (Humanities Co-ordinator)
Miss Levermore (Study Support Manager)
Miss Farmer (Study Support manager)
Compulsory national curriculum subjects at primary school are:
- English (taught as a discrete subject)
- Maths (taught as a discrete subject)
- Science (taught as a discrete subject)
- Design and Technology (taught during Topic lessons)
- History (taught during Topic lessons)
- Geography (taught during Topic lessons)
- Art and Design (taught during Topic Lessons)
- Music (taught during Topic lessons)
- Physical Education (PE) (taught as a discrete subject)
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) (taught during Topic lessons)
We also teach:
- Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) (taught as a discrete subject)
- Citizenship (taught as a discrete subject)
- Modern Foreign Languages (taught as a discrete subject)
For more in formation see the link below
This term in Year 6 pupils will be taking their end of KS2 tests (SATs). During English and Maths lessons the children will be reviewing their previous learning from throughout Key Stage 2. Boosters will continue throughout the term as necessary. Term 5's topic is India, here the children will be looking at geographical features, differences in cultures, Art, Music and food.
During term 6 the children will be preparing for their transition to Secondary School as well as rehearsing their end of year production.
PE will be on Fridays, children need to ensure they have full kit each week please.
All year 6 have got reading books to take home. Please check that they are reading every evening and sign their reading record book. We would also like you to hear them reading as often as possible.
We shall be setting homework regularly and ask you to check with your child that this has been completed. Thank you for your support with homework for the summer project, we will really enjoy reading them.
Maths SATs booster sessions will be every Tuesday 3.10-4.15.
English SATs booster sessions will be every Thursday 3.10-4.15.
Please feel free to come in and see us if you have any queries.
Thank you for your support,
Mrs Solly and Mr Danton